Fabreeka structural expansion bearings, or slide bearings, accommodate thermal expansion and structural rotation in buildings, bridges and pipe supports. Fabreeka designs and manufactures four types of expansion / slide bearings for a wide range of applications. The expansion bearings are supplied as an upper and lower unit prepared to be tack or stitch welded in the field.
- The maximum available bearing area – depth, width and height.
- The maximum expansion expected and in which direction.
- The maximum load on each bearing.
- The maximum beam rotation in radians at the bearing area.
- If any slots/holes are required, a bolt pattern must be supplied.
Key Features/Benefits – Structural Expansion Slide Bearing
- SBX type bearing is designed using Fabreeka-PTFE pad in the lower unit to accommodate large rotations and high reaction loads.
- TTX and STX type bearings are manufactured using a filled or unfilled PTFE sliding surface as required.
- All expansion / slide bearings are designed or manufactured to specification.
- SBX type bearings meet AASHTO and State DOT specifications for fabric reinforced bearings pads with PTFE sliding surface.
FAQ’s – Structural Expansion Slide Bearings
What do you recommend for an epoxy/adhesive to secure the Fabreeka-PTFE pad to the masonry plate?
Fabreeka recommends #700 epoxy adhesive. Please see our Fabreeka #700 epoxy adhesive application sheet.
Are there installation instructions available?
Yes. Please refer to our Fabreeka-PTFE bearing installation sheet.
When to I use an SBX, or TTX, or STX type expansion bearing?
Please refer to our structural expansion bearing literatureor contact Fabreeka’s Engineering department at 1-800-322-7352 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
What type/thickness PTFE should be used for the TTX and STX type bearings?
The standard PTFE thickness is 3/32″ glass filled, etched on side for bonding. Other thicknesses/types are available upon request.
What is the maximum temperature that the SBX type bearing can be exposed to in a pipe slide application?
The maximum temperature is 400°F.